You have three medical options through the HSHS Healthy Plan:
All of the options:
- Are administered for HSHS by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.
- Cover the same basic medical services.
- Include prescription drug coverage - with separate deductibles and
- Feature preventive care and
wellness benefits designed to help you stay healthier.
- Offer a network
of doctors, hospitals and healthcare specialists who deliver quality
care according to network standards and have agreed to low, preferred
rates for covered services. Network providers include:
- HSHS Facilities, HSHS Medical Group providers, HSHS specialists and HSHS Preferred Primary Care Physicians. Click here to locate an HSHS Preferred Primary Care Physician. Click here to locate an HSHS Medical Group.
- Other network providers that participate in the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO provider network. Click here to locate a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO provider.
Your share of the cost of the medical services you receive will differ
- The option you select. In general, as you increase the plan
level (move from Basic to Intermediate or from Intermediate to High)
your biweekly payroll cost for coverage increases, while your cost of
care (deductible amounts and coinsurance levels) decreases.
- Use of HSHS services. The medical plan options offer preferred benefits when you or your dependents choose care at an HSHS hospital or receive care from an HSHS Preferred Primary Care Physician. The plan provides an incentive to use HSHS Facilities and HSHS Preferred Primary Care Physicians whenever you can - in the form of lower deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximums.
- Your choice of providers. You have the flexibility to go outside
the network, but if your out-of-network provider's charge exceeds the
reasonable and customary (R&C) rate, you will be responsible for
paying the amount above R&C as well as the deductible and/or coinsurance
amount that applies to the medical option you select.
Compare Your Options
Review the Medical Plan Options Comparison Chart in the 2015 Flexplan Decision Guide and use the HSHS Healthy
Plan Cost Estimator to help you determine which option is best for