Health (Illinois/Outside of Wisconsin)

How do I find an in-network provider (UMR)?
To locate an in-network provider, CLICK HERE

For help determining which network service area you are in, see the 2024 HSHS Benefits Guide

If you have a dependent who lives outside of the network area, such as a child attending college, you  can register your dependent with UMR after you receive your ID card. Call UMR to get started (1-800-221-6346).

Once your dependet is registered, they will receive the HSHS Extended benefit level for all in-network services.

and/or your out-of-area covered dependent must complete and submit the Care Package Form in order to have additional providers available to your out-fo-area covered dependent in the First Health Network. The Care Package Form must be completed and submitted before receiving any services.
When does health insurance coverage begin?
Your coverage will begin on the 1st of the month on or after your hire date. This applies if you are a newly hired colleague or have transferred from a PRN position to a benefits-eligible position. Coverage for your dependents begins on the same day as your coverage as long as you have enrolled them for health insurance. 
If I do not enroll by my enrollment deadline, what coverage will I have?
If you are a new hire and you do not enroll by your enrollment deadline, you will have the following coverage by default:
  • Basic Life and AD&D insurance
  • Short-Term Disability Coverage
  • Long-Term Disability Coverage
What about emergency room care?

You will have a $100 copayment for emergency services. This is in addition to your deductible and coinsurance for the medical plan option you select.

What if I need care from a non-network provider?

Out-of-network services will not be covered unless you first obtain a referral from your provider and prior authorization from URM. Your provider will need to submit a referral request to UMR. If you have questions about the referral process, contact UMR at 1-800-221-6346.